Position: Staff Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fairmont Branch: 936 E. Park Ave., Fairmont, WV 26554
Education: B.S. or B.A. degree in Accounting required; Candidate should have a desire to obtain professional certifications including Certified Public Accountant license.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient PC skills including excel, word, and other similar products; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; knowledge of general financial accounting and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.; a working knowledge of bank functions relating to the accounting function; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: Entry level positive, no experience or 1 -2 years experience.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for performing administrative duties to support the accounting and finance department; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the accounting function; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports; providing technical guidance other bank employees including bookkeeping, loan operations and tellers.
- Preparation and posting of journal entries
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts during month end close process
- Reconciliation of internal checking accounts including Holding Company account
- Assist with preparation of monthly Financial Statements and Board Package
- Maintains the general ledger
- Maintains Fixed Asset Software
- Maintains Prepaid Assets in Core System
- Assists with Accounts Payable process
- Assists with external, internal, and regulatory audit requests
- Prepares local tax return quarter including B&O Taxes and others
- Prepares quarterly sales and use tax return preparation
- Prepares annual personal property tax returns
- Assist with preparation of external reporting tasks including the quarterly Call Report and Annual Report to Shareholders.
- Provides information to other Bank departments as requested.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Cooperates with and adheres to all internal policies, procedures, and practices including required
compliance and IT training
- Maintains appropriate records and provides assigned reports
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
BCBank, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status
as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
BCBank offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision
insurance, flexible spending account, paid time off, paid holidays, life and disability coverage,
and a 401(k) plan.
To apply, please send a resume with cover letter to:
Cathy Shelton, HR Manager
27 Pike Street, Philippi, WV 26416
PH : 304-457-3300 ex. 0120