Senior Credit Officer
Freedom Bank, with offices located in North Central West Virginia is seeking an experienced self-motivated Senior Credit Officer to be responsible for the planning, directing, controlling of all lending areas in conformance with established Bank policies and practices, as well as lending laws and regulations. This individual shall also possess strong analytical skills; sound judgment; excellent verbal and written skills; strong delegation and supervisory skills; the ability to rely on their experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within established time frames; the ability to analyze financial data and reports; experience with work-out credits and commercial, mortgage and consumer lending; and will be responsible for the review and approval/declination of large loans prior to submission to the Board of Directors/Loan Committee. This individual will be supervising the Credit Analysis, Originations, Work Out/Recovery, Collections, and Loan Review areas of the Bank. This individual will assist with new business development and community outreach functions.
Requirements: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or Finance or related area. Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible work related experience in all lending functions including underwriting, origination, regulations, collections, work-out, etc. Individual must be registered with NMLS under the SAFE Act.
Interested individuals shall mail resumes and salary requirements to Freedom Bank, HR Department, 20 N Crim Avenue, Belington, WV 26250.
IT Administrator /Operations Officer
Union Bank has opening for an experienced Administrator and Operations Officer in its Sistersville Operations Center. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: management of Operations and IT functions; ongoing risk assessments; evaluation of appropriate security controls; development and monitoring of policies and standards; information security awareness training; project and product development; incident response management; and proactive compliance with banking regulations.
- Minimum of an Associates’ Degree, preferably in a technology-related field.
- Experience with IT and Operations in a financial institution environment, or other highly regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of banking policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with operational and IT regulatory requirements in financial institution setting; ability to interact with auditors and examiners.
- Adept at developing departmental policies and procedures and implementing the same.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, initiate, track and manage projects.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience in overseeing multiple third-party providers.
- Supervisory / managerial experience is preferred.
- Ability to organize and conduct IT Committee meetings.
- IT and operational trouble-shooting ability.
- Experience with disaster recovery planning.
- Familiarity with performing risk assessments within scope of Operations & IT areas.
Interested applicants should submit resume’ and cover letter by Friday September 9, 2016, to: Tammy Waggoner, EVP &CFO
Sr. Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer BCBank – Fairmont, WV
This position is responsible for originating commercial loan transactions in accordance with Bank policy and regulatory guidelines. Maintaining and achieving assigned goals while ensuring compliance with established guidelines. Responsible for negotiating loan terms and providing exceptional customer service.
- Managing a portfolio of commercial lending relationships including initial credit analysis, cash flow review and deal structuring
- Originating new commercial loan relationships within the local market and state
- Managing ongoing customer relationships
- Networking and lead generation
- Handling multiple transactions with little supervision
- Working with Processing, Underwriting and Servicing Personnel to ensure all loans are properly documented
- Developing workflows that ensure the highest standards for customer service and quality
Experience/Education/Critical Skills Required:
- Proven sales experience in commercial lending or insurance
- Established track record in an outbound or inbound originations environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Organized with analytical skills
- Detail and results oriented
- College degree or comparable business experience
- Strong PC skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Commercial Loan Origination: 5 years
Please email resumes to email@example.com
Chief Executive Officer, Bank of Charles Town and Potomac Bancshares, Inc. – Charles Town, WV
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RECRUITMENT
The Bank of Charles Town, and Potomac Bancshares, Inc., announces the commencement of a search for an exceptional banking professional and leader to serve as CEO & President of this strong, well-capitalized $375MM bank. The Bank serves the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, Washington County, Maryland, as well as Loudoun County, Virginia. It is headquartered in the beautiful West Virginia Panhandle, in Charles Town, West Virginia.
The Bank of Charles Town (BCT) seeks to leverage its strength in the market areas served and to increase profitability through maintaining current loan and deposit customers. BCT also intends to attract new customers in new markets through continuing to offer exceptional quality customer service and through the introduction of creative new product offerings, with user friendly technology.
This opportunity presents a strong, diverse board of directors who desire to engage with and support the new CEO and President to develop and implement creative strategic goals to promote responsible growth and increased shareholder value.
Summary descriptions of responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
The incumbent is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the bank and bank holding company.
- Under direction of and in cooperation with the Board of Directors, provides leadership, direction and guidance of the Bank’s activities to assure short-and-long-range profitability and planned growth of the Bank.
- Responsible for the Banks overall operating performance with the goal of maximizing profitability, adequate liquidity, long term growth, and shareholder return while maintaining financial soundness. Works with the Board of Directors to establish and ensure implementation of financial policy and direction of the Bank.
- Responsible for a strong business development program to ensure profitable growth of the Bank.
- Oversees lending activities, bank investments, asset liabilities, liquidity, trust and financial activities.
- Works with Merger and Acquisition Committee and CFO on acquiring banks to grow the balance sheet and shareholder value.
- Develops, in cooperation with the Board of Directors and Senior Management, ongoing short-and-long-range strategic plans.
- Four year college degree in banking or finance related required or equivalent experience. Master’s in Business (MBA) or related field preferred.
- Strong background in banking with ten (10) years of direct experience preferred at the Executive Management level including Lending, Operations, Investment Portfolio Management, Profit Planning, Trust and Strategic Planning.
- Highly developed leadership skills in communications, decision making, planning and organization, and personnel management.
- Highly developed customer relation and marketing skills. The ability to deal effectively and tactfully with all types of customers, out-of-bank associates and personnel from all departments of the Bank.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the community and banking industry in general including regulatory and compliance requirements. Knowledge of strategic planning, programming and budget execution.
Those whose track record has produced positive results in these areas targeted by BCT should in confidence contact Diane Armstrong, Human Resources Director at the Bank of Charles Town at firstname.lastname@example.org.
111 East Washington Street
Charles Town West Virginia 25414
The Bank of Charles Town is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are disabled and need assistance in the application process, please notify us.
Title: Loan Operations Manager
Location: Huntington, WV
Reports To: Chief Risk Officer
Job Purpose: Responsible for overall loan operations management and oversight of the consumer and commercial loans support staff. This includes document preparation, processing, and servicing, accounting and reporting functions, and customer service. Leads, trains, and supervises the loan technicians; designs and administers systems and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing. Communicates with bank department managers to promote efficient and correct work
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan software applications (Laser Pro, and OSI). Work with system providers to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance. Analyze, prepare, and train for periodic updates to system software, and verify that enhancements are working correctly. Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments.
- Administer the LaserPro software specifications for compliance and interface with OSI.
- Work closely with Chief Risk Officer, loan production officers, and bank department managers to promote communication, and to ensure quality service delivery throughout the bank, as well as with external customers.
- Direct loan input (system boarding) and verification procedures for all loans.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties.
- Develop and maintain work flows for all stages of document preparation, closing, file documentation, and collateral management. Ensure optimum staff levels for each stage.
- Supervise loan document preparation to ensure all loans are being processed in a timely and proper manner. Verify that all loans are processed in accordance with established regulations and bank policies.
- Supervise the processing of loans in non-accrual, charge-off, or OREO status. Prepare related reports and administer systems to account for special assets and shadow accounting.
- Supervise all aspects of servicing for all loans. This supervision includes posting of payments, the payment of hazard and flood insurance for all escrow accounts, the payment of taxes for all escrow accounts, the tracking system for insurance and taxes, the escrow analysis, the collection of information and reporting to FHA, Title I, HUD, HMDA, and other similar agencies.
- Administration of loan checklists and tax services.
- Train personnel to ensure bank policies and procedures are being followed. Ensure instructions, procedural manuals, and samples are provided to loan technicians and loan officers in the case of changes with documentation.
- Acts as liaison to vendors, consultants, accountants, and bank examiners as needed.
- Ensure proper procedures and tracking of payment of real estate taxes, force placed insurance (and billing), inspection charges, other loan charges, proper utilization of the loan expense account.
- Responsible for year-end tax reporting forms on loan accounts.
- Oversee loan file structure and documentation processing procedures.
- Participate in various committees as directed such as Officers Loan Committee, Asset Quality, and others as appointed (Specific committee membership to be determined.)
- Performs Small Business Administration (SBA) related origination, servicing, and reporting functions.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred or equivalent years of job experience.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as loan payoffs, accrued interest, amortization schedules, and loan adjustment recalculations
- Effective interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Minimum of five years banking experience in the loan department to ensure thorough knowledge of loan operations in production, servicing, and accounting.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough and effective understanding of the computer systems; specifically but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, OSI and additional programs as necessary.
- Ability to maintain work flow in a highly detailed and time critical manner.
- Effective analytical skills to gathers and analyzes information skillfully do develop solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason.
- Project management skills to develop project plans, coordinates projects, communicate changes and project progress.
- Extensive reading and computer use is expected more than 50% of the time.
- Physical and mental ability to perform the essential job functions of the job as listed.
- Able to regularly stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Able to communicate effectively with others.
- Regular attendance is necessary and essential to this position.
Supervision: This position will directly supervise the loan support booking and clerical positions.
Disclaimer: This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed above are the only duties to be performed by the associate. Associates are required to follow job-related instructions and perform other job-related activities requested by their supervisor.
Freedom Bank is searching for an Administrative Assistant to assist the President/CEO. Specific functions would be Stockholder relations, Board of Director relations, record keeping, preparation of various reports and HR function. Required to attend various meetings to take accurate notes and translate into concise minutes.
Pay based on experience. Insurance, vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
The selected individual will play a prominent role in the future direction and success of Freedom Bank.
Send Resumes to:
20 N Crim Ave
Belington, WV 26250